Edmonton Community Legal Centre (ECLC) hosts FREE Public Legal Education workshops. These presentations are open to the public and certain locations require registration.
NOTE: Video Versions of ECLC presentations are now available online. This is a great alternative if you are unable to attend the in-person presentations. The links are:
- Family Law Series – http://www.eclc.ca/family-law-information-resources/
- Rights as a Tenant – http://www.eclc.ca/landlord-tenant-law/
- Wills and Estates – http://www.eclc.ca/wills-and-estates-information-resources/
- Rights as an Employee – http://www.eclc.ca/employment-law/
The Edmonton Community Legal Centre continues to hold the Family Law Series Presentations at the Downtown Enterprise Square Branch Library 10212 Jasper Avenue NW every Thursday evening at 6:30 PM. These presentations are open to the public with the option to register to be contacted for a potential follow-up meeting with a Family Law Lawyer for additional assistance. The schedules for the topics are as follows:
- Child Custody and Parenting: April 20, May 11, June 1, June 22
- Child and Spousal Support: April 6, April 27, May 18, June 8
- Property Division: April 13, May 4, May 25, June 5
A presentation on Wills and Estates will be held at the Capilano Library (200 Capilano Mall, 5616 101 Avenue) on Monday April 10 at 7 PM.
- Responsibilities of an Executor
- Power of Attorney
- Personal Directives
- Where to go for help and more!
The Family Law Series will be held monthly at the St. Albert Community Village – 30-50 Bellrose Dr. St. Albert from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM.
- Child Custody and Parenting: Wednesday April 19, 2017
- Child and Spousal Support: Wednesday May 17, 2017
- Property Division: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
If you work at a community organization that would be interested in having a lawyer from the ECLC give a presentation for your clients and/or staff at your agency please contact Giselle at firstname.lastname@example.org and leave the name of your organization, the location, the topic you would like, as well as options for dates and times. Topics include, Family Law, Wills and Estates, Landlord and Tenant, Immigration, Employment and Introduction to the Canadian Justice System.
Posters for the events are online at http://www.eclc.ca/programs-services/legal-education/.