The Edmonton Community Legal Centre (ECLC) will offer the following free Public Legal Education workshops for November and December 2017. These presentations are FREE and open to the public and certain locations require registration.
NOTE: Video Versions of ECLC presentations are now available online. This is a great alternative if you are unable to attend the in-person presentations. The links are:
- Family Law Series – http://www.eclc.ca/family-law-information-resources/
- Rights as a Tenant – http://www.eclc.ca/landlord-tenant-law/
- Wills and Estates – http://www.eclc.ca/wills-and-estates-information-resources/
- Rights as an Employee – http://www.eclc.ca/employment-law/
The ECLC continues to hold the Family Law Series Presentations at the Downtown Enterprise Square Branch Library 10212 Jasper Avenue NW every Thursday evening at 6:30 PM. These presentations are open to the public with the option to register to be contacted for a potential follow-up meeting with a Family Law Lawyer for additional assistance. The schedules for the topics are as follows:
- Child Custody and Parenting: December 7
- Child and Spousal Support: November 23, December 14
- Property Division: November 30
If you work at a community organization that would be interested in having a lawyer from the ECLC give a presentation for your clients and/or staff at your agency please contact Giselle at email@example.com and leave the name of your organization, the location, the topic you would like, as well as options for dates and times. Topics include, Family Law, Wills and Estates, Landlord and Tenant, Immigration, Employment and Introduction to the Canadian Justice System.
Posters for the events are online at http://www.eclc.ca/programs-services/legal-education/