The Edmonton Community Legal Centre (ECLC) hosts free public legal education workshops on a regular basis. These presentations are FREE and open to the public and certain locations require registration.
NOTE: Video Versions of ECLC presentations are now available online. The links are:
- Family Law Series – http://www.eclc.ca/family-law-information-resources/
- Rights as a Tenant – http://www.eclc.ca/landlord-tenant-law/
- Wills and Estates – http://www.eclc.ca/wills-and-estates-information-resources/
- Rights as an Employee – http://www.eclc.ca/employment-law/
The ECLC continues to hold the Family Law Series Presentations at the Downtown Enterprise Square Branch Library 10212 Jasper Avenue NW every Thursday evening at 6:30 PM. These presentations are open to the public with the option to register to be contacted for a potential follow-up meeting with a Family Law Lawyer for additional assistance. The schedules for the topics are as follows:
- Child Custody and Parenting: July 19, August 9, August 30
- Child and Spousal Support: July 26, August 16
- Property Division: July 12, August 2, August 23
If you work at a community organization that would be interested in having a lawyer from the ECLC give a presentation for your clients and/or staff at your agency please contact Giselle at email@example.com and leave the name of your organization, the location, the topic you would like, as well as options for dates and times. Topics include, Family Law, Wills and Estates, Landlord and Tenant, Immigration, Employment and Introduction to the Canadian Justice System.
Posters for the events are online at http://www.eclc.ca/programs-services/legal-education/.
Edmonton Community Legal Centre
Second Floor 10020 – 100 Street
Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3