Need Legal Advice? Don’t Qualify For Legal Aid?
Call 587-674-2282 to book an appointment. Phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (closed 12:00 to 1:00 pm)
Areas of Law:
- Wills and estates
- Civil law/debt
Legal Clinic Schedule by appointment only:
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- YMCA of Northern Alberta, 106B – 9816 Hardin St, Fort McMurray
Calgary Public Library offers free legal information programs at Central Library and our community libraries across Calgary. All programs are free. Advanced registration is welcomed but not a requirement. Drop-in patrons are always welcomed.
Calgary Public Library acknowledges and values our longstanding partnership with Calgary Legal Guidance, which makes these free programs possible for the community.
Need legal help? Need to talk to a lawyer? Get 30 minutes of free legal advice from a volunteer lawyer at:
1000 Voices Legal Clinic at the Genesis Centre, 7556 Falconridge Blvd NE
Next clinic: Tuesday, November 28 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Drop in appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis, up to a maximum of 12 appointments.
Click here for information.
Need legal help? Need to talk to a lawyer?
9:30 am to 3:30 pm, Calgary Public Library downtown branch, 2nd Floor John Dutton Theatre. Appointments can no longer be booked for this clinic as the booking period ended October 11.
*Walk in appointments may be available on a first come-first served basis on October 18.
Held as part of Law Connect, Calgary Public Library’s annual legal resources fair.
Edmonton Community Legal Centre (ECLC) hosts FREE Public Legal Education workshops. These presentations are open to the public and certain locations require registration.
NOTE: Video Versions of ECLC presentations are now available online. This is a great alternative if you are unable to attend the in-person presentations. The links are:
- Family Law Series – http://www.eclc.ca/family-law-information-resources/
- Rights as a Tenant – http://www.eclc.ca/landlord-tenant-law/
- Wills and Estates – http://www.eclc.ca/wills-and-estates-information-resources/
- Rights as an Employee – http://www.eclc.ca/employment-law/
The Edmonton Community Legal Centre continues to hold the Family Law Series Presentations at the Downtown Enterprise Square Branch Library 10212 Jasper Avenue NW every Thursday evening at 6:30 PM. These presentations are open to the public with the option to register to be contacted for a potential follow-up meeting with a Family Law Lawyer for additional assistance. The schedules for the topics are as follows:
- Child Custody and Parenting: April 20, May 11, June 1, June 22
- Child and Spousal Support: April 6, April 27, May 18, June 8
- Property Division: April 13, May 4, May 25, June 5
A presentation on Wills and Estates will be held at the Capilano Library (200 Capilano Mall, 5616 101 Avenue) on Monday April 10 at 7 PM.
- Responsibilities of an Executor
- Power of Attorney
- Personal Directives
- Where to go for help and more!
The Family Law Series will be held monthly at the St. Albert Community Village – 30-50 Bellrose Dr. St. Albert from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM.
- Child Custody and Parenting: Wednesday April 19, 2017
- Child and Spousal Support: Wednesday May 17, 2017
- Property Division: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
If you work at a community organization that would be interested in having a lawyer from the ECLC give a presentation for your clients and/or staff at your agency please contact Giselle at email@example.com and leave the name of your organization, the location, the topic you would like, as well as options for dates and times. Topics include, Family Law, Wills and Estates, Landlord and Tenant, Immigration, Employment and Introduction to the Canadian Justice System.
Posters for the events are online at http://www.eclc.ca/programs-services/legal-education/.