The latest news, articles, and updates from LawNow Magazine.
Below are the upcoming free Public Legal Education workshops for August and September 2017. These presentations are FREE and open to the public and certain locations require registration. NOTE: Video Versions of our presentations are now available online. This is a great alternative if you are unable to attend the in-person presentations. The links are:
- Family Law Series – http://www.eclc.ca/family-law-information-resources/
- Rights as a Tenant – http://www.eclc.ca/landlord-tenant-law/
- Wills and Estates – http://www.eclc.ca/wills-and-estates-information-resources/
- Rights as an Employee – http://www.eclc.ca/employment-law/
The Edmonton Community Legal Centre continues to hold the Family Law Series Presentations at the Downtown Enterprise Square Branch Library 10212 Jasper Avenue NW every Thursday evening at 6:30 PM. These presentations are open to the public with the option to register to be contacted for a potential follow-up meeting with a Family Law Lawyer for additional assistance. The schedules for the topics are as follows:
- Child Custody and Parenting: August 24, September 14
- Child and Spousal Support: , August 10, August 31. September 21
- Property Division: August 17, September 7, AND the last session is moved to Wednesday September 27 as the library is closed on Thursday September 28
A presentation on Wills and Estates will be held at the Capilano Library (200 Capilano Mall, 5616 101 Avenue) on Monday September 18 at 7 PM.
- Responsibilities of an Executor
- Power of Attorney
- Personal Directives
- Where to go for help and more!
If you work at a community organization that would be interested in having a lawyer from the ECLC give a presentation for your clients and/or staff at your agency please contact Giselle at firstname.lastname@example.org and leave the name of your organization, the location, the topic you would like, as well as options for dates and times. Topics include, Family Law, Wills and Estates, Landlord and Tenant, Immigration, Employment and Introduction to the Canadian Justice System.
Posters for the events are online at http://www.eclc.ca/programs-services/legal-education/.
Pro Bono Law Alberta will host the 7th annual Calgary Legal Advice Clinic on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 in partnership with Norton Rose Fulbright (Canada) LLP, Calgary Public Library and Calgary Legal Guidance.
Details on the clinic, held at Calgary Public Library, will be posted here in September.
Need legal help? Need to talk to a lawyer?
FREE LEGAL CLINIC for Alberta and Saskatchewan residents
- Friday, September 22, 2017 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Provincial Court of Alberta, Provincial Building
- 5124 – 50 Street, Lloydminster, Alberta
More information on how to book an appointment will be posted here in August.
Clients must meet financial eligibility guidelines to qualify for pro bono legal services. No walk-ins. Space is limited.