Edmonton Community Legal Centre (ECLC) will host free Public Legal Education workshops in January and February 2019. These presentations are open to the public and certain locations require registration.
NOTE: Video Versions of ECLC presentations are now available online:
- Family Law Series – http://www.eclc.ca/family-law-information-resources/
- Rights as a Tenant – http://www.eclc.ca/landlord-tenant-law/
- Wills and Estates – http://www.eclc.ca/wills-and-estates-information-resources/
- Rights as an Employee – http://www.eclc.ca/employment-law/
ECLC continues to hold the Family Law Series Presentations at the Downtown Enterprise Square Branch Library 10212 Jasper Avenue NW every Thursday evening at 6:30 PM. These presentations are open to the public with the option to register to be contacted for a potential follow-up meeting with a Family Law Lawyer for additional assistance. The schedules for the topics are as follows:
- Child Custody and Parenting: January 10, January 31, February 21
- Child and Spousal Support: January 17, February 7, February 28
- Property Division: January 24, February 14,
Posters for the events are online at http://www.eclc.ca/programs-services/legal-education/.
Read more about the Legal Clinic at the Women’s Centre in Calgary.
Pro Bono Law Alberta has been involved in this project since it began in 2008. Our sincere appreciation goes to all the volunteer lawyers who give their time to help women in Calgary move forward with their legal matters. Thanks to the Women’s Centre for continuing to offer this very important program in our community!
The Central Alberta Community Legal Clinic (CACLC) office is moving to #106, 4916-50 Street Red Deer, AB T4N 1X7 effective April 10th, 2018.
The office will be closed April 6th and 9th**
For more information contact:
Community Legal Clinic
Central Alberta – Medicine Hat – Lloydminster – Fort McMurray
Telephone: 403-314-9129 Fax:403-314-9194
Toll Free: 1-800-314-9129 Website: www.communitylegalclinic.net
Need Legal Advice? Don’t Qualify For Legal Aid?
Call 587-674-2282 to book an appointment. Phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (closed 12:00 to 1:00 pm)
Areas of Law:
- Wills and estates
- Civil law/debt
Legal Clinic Schedule by appointment only:
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- YMCA of Northern Alberta, 106B – 9816 Hardin St, Fort McMurray
Calgary Public Library offers free legal information programs at Central Library and our community libraries across Calgary. All programs are free. Advanced registration is welcomed but not a requirement. Drop-in patrons are always welcomed.
Calgary Public Library acknowledges and values our longstanding partnership with Calgary Legal Guidance, which makes these free programs possible for the community.